First and foremost, we count among our achievements our growth in the past three decades from a fledgling paper recycler to a leading full-service Canadian waste and resource management company. Now serving 10% of the population through our numerous municipal and commercial contracts, our hard work to deliver quality service has been noticed.
Under Emterra and its former corporate names (International Paper Industries and Halton Recycling Ltd.), we’ve been honored to receive recognition from a broad range of noteworthy business and academic organizations.
These awards include:
- Selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2016
Recycling Council of Ontario’s Platinum Award in Sustainable Product or Services category for its windshield washer fluid, Transformations (2013)
Employer of the Year Award by the Manitoba Filipino Business Council (2013)
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce’s Spirit of Winnipeg Award for Innovation – Large Business Category (2013)
- Recycling Council of Ontario’s Platinum Award in a Special Municipal Program for Waste Minimization (2012, 2013 and 2014), recognizing Emterra's Community Care™ program, Make Your Contribution at the Curb!™
- Twice recipient of Catalyst Paper’s Supplier of the Year (2005 and 2006) for consistent paper quality, reliability in terms of meeting supplier expectations, safe truck loading, bale integrity and consistently high service performance.
- Twice recipient of Financial Post’s “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” (1992 and 1993)